COVID Rules for ESAA 2021
The following are guidelines for all ESAA programs and represent the minimum
requirements for all participants. When ESAA team is visiting team: team and all of
their supporters will voluntarily comply with all park specific requirements in addition to
those set forth here.
- Only players and coaches in and near the dugout.
a. If kids need room to social distance they can use the bleachers.
- No parents/spectators allowed on the bleachers.
- Coaches wear masks if they cannot social distance.
- Players wear masks to and from the field – optional in games.
- Umpires are allowed behind the plate and must wear a mask.
- If a player, coach or fan feels ill they should not attend a game or practice.
- Shared equipment – all HELMETS must be cleaned and disinfected.
- Tip/waiver your hat at the end of the game – no high fives, etc.
- Teams must clear their dugout/spectator areas of all garbage prior to vacating
the field and should leave the park within 15 minutes of last out.
- Self-report to all close contacts after a laboratory-confirmed or probable COVID-
19 infection. (A close contact is any individual within 6 feet of an infected person
for a total of 15 minutes or more -per CDC guideline)
- All CDC and IDPH rules and guidelines are to be followed by all.
- NO SPITTING by players or coaches – no gum or sunflower seeds allowed.
Park districts require social distancing to be observed at all times.
Rules are subject to change as situations and regulations require.